Sunday, August 21, 2022

Whew it was a hot one!


Okay some real life photos.  No our boat is not usually in this kind of turmoil, but when you are getting ready to leave for the season things see to be everywhere!  Heaven knows you don't want to forget anything (it is an 8 hour drive).  So currently this is what I am staring at as I create our last post of the boating season.  Yesterday here in Macedon it was a HOT ONE!  We have been blessed for the last couple of weeks with perfect temperatures.  Today though the sun was shining and skies were blue but the temps were in the mid 90's.  We spent the morning preparing for our departure home on Sunday.  Seriously I don't remember bringing this much STUFF up here.  

Mike worked on tracking down our "boat gremlin".  What we mean by this is that we seem to have a "little" intermittent electrical problem with the lights.  They mysteriously will just shut off and we can't seem to figure out why.  So we call this our "boat gremlin".  


Yes that is Mike who has climbed into the engine compartment to track down our gremlin.  


Alas the day was not completely all work.  Mike and I spent part of the morning with our dockmates, Laurel and Bob.  We enjoyed a light breakfast and great conversation at a delightful little place in Palmyra right by the canal.  Check out the stylish dog at the front counter.  LOVE those shoes. 


We returned back to the boat and took it over to the fuel dock to fill it up.  Mike says not to leave the fuel tanks empty over the winter.  We then spent the rest of the afternoon in our boat working on a few things and simply trying to stay cool.  You see it looked gorgeous outside, but the sun and the heat really started to work on you after a while.  By late afternoon we cleaned up and headed over to a brewery in Macedon as our other boating friends from Baldwinsville, Teri and Mark were meeting us there for drinks and dinner.  We had such a wonderful visit with them and laughed so hard about some of our crazy boating experiences.  After saying our good-byes and promising to stay in touch we headed back to the boat.  Shall I say HOT boat.  By this time the inside temperature of the boat was 90.  Well at least we were out of the sun.  We spent the rest of the evening reading and just trying to stay cool.  We both went to bed early as we would be getting an early start the next morning heading back to Ohio.  

It was a MAGICAL trip for both of us.  Thanks for tagging along on our adventure.  Until next year, we bid you ado.

 

2 comments:

  1. I’ve enjoyed reading your early morning postings. (This year & in the past.) I can readily relate to the daily events (joys & gremlin issues) from my experiences many years ago. I think you should come for a week of boating in the fall.
    I enjoy your writing style and give Millie a lot of love. Blessing.
    Paul Mensing

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to promise to stay longer if Manatee shows up! Loved living vicariously on the canal again through your eyes. 💖 Sandy B.

    ReplyDelete

Saying good-bye (for now)

Wednesday started out with beautiful cloudy skies.  Just enough sun coming through to make the morning sky interesting.  So I took a bunch o...