Wednesday, May 24, 2023

We're BACK!


We left early Tuesday morning for Macedon and back to Kismet!  The weather was perfect for traveling.  Mike drove pretty much all the way except for about an hour.  I hadn't slept well the night before and was having a hard time staying awake.  Which needless to say is very important when you are driving.  Thank God he enjoys driving.

The drive was uneventful, other than Brian the marina owner called Mike twice to talk about "issues" concerning the launching of the boat.  For anyone who has ever owned a boat you understand that there is ALWAYS issues with a boat, specially after it has sat outside on the hard all winter long.


So upon arrival at the marina Mike headed straight to where the boat was located (Brian was already aboard).  They have us tied up right next to the boat lift and the rental canal boats.  Millie and I went for a walk and then just sat and enjoyed the the flowering trees while Mike talked with Brian.  So there are from my understanding 2 different issues, something about a hose and something about a part that is stuck.  I know that doesn't tell you much, but I am not the technical one.  All I know is that Mike will be up early Wednesday working on these issues.



Despite the boat issues the area still is beautiful!




Our tasks for the rest of the evening was to get everything from the car on board and unpacked.  Mike did the hauling I did the unpacking and putting away.  We grabbed a bite to eat at our favorite restaurant in town as the provisions we brought from home were minimal.  I am going to the grocery store this morning.  We also stopped at Goodwill so Mike could pick up a pair of pants to work on the boat with.  Yes he left his "cruddy" pants all at home.  We then returned to the boat settled in for the night.  Things are still in a bit of disarray but I know that by tonight it will be better.  Besides we are heading to the SKOOGS at lunch time today.  Seeing them always makes things better.


I awoke at my usual time (4:00 a.m. Wednesday). No comments, I go to bed at 9:00 p.m.  Took this shot above of Kismet in her temporary dock.  It was pretty dark out, okay it was really dark out at this time, but the camera on my phone made it look so much nicer.  I put on a pot of coffee and settled in to write this entry.  Who knows what the day will bring, but I AM READY!




 

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you made it back to the boat safely. I will be watching to see how your travels pan out. I hope it does not take Mike long to fix the "ISSUES". Gary

    ReplyDelete

Saying good-bye (for now)

Wednesday started out with beautiful cloudy skies.  Just enough sun coming through to make the morning sky interesting.  So I took a bunch o...