Saturday morning started with beautiful bright sunshine. So we started the morning off with a nice walk through the park with all 3 of us. Millie was not to sure about leaving her nice warm bed, but came along anyway.
When we arrived back at the boat Dog and Moose were laying around relaxing and keeping an eye on my glasses. Really guys you couldn't have started on breakfast.
They soon moved to hang out with Frog. You see Frog has been with us since our first boat many, many years ago. He is a staple in our boat decor.
After a quick breakfast it was off to work. Mike worked on some hand stitching of the Bimini while I worked on sewing up the new canvas work. We had looked into having this work done by someone else, but the cost was astronomical, so we decided to do the best we could with the skills that we have.
I had ordered canvas from Sailrite that Mike had brought up to the boat the last time he was here. I made due with the space that I had to cut these pieces out. Each piece measured 32" H x 197" L. Needless to say it was a bit unwieldy.
Okay now for the "Oh shit" part. Excuse the language but you will understand as you read on. I had moved my sewing machine off the table while I was cutting the fabric and laid it on the seat. Well some how when I went to move the fabric it must have been under the sewing machine and well, yes you guessed it the machine went crashing to the floor!
After a few not lady like words of frustration I checked over the machine and was thankful to see that the only thing that seemed to have not survived the fall was the bobbin winder. So to get around this little snafu I would have to wind the bobbin by hand. It was tedious but worked out just fine. Crisis averted.
In need of a quick break Millie and I decided to take a walk and blow off some steam. While we were out I found some wild daisies growing and picked a few to brighten up the boat.
After her walk Millie decided it was time once again for a nap. It's hard work looking after her two humans.
After I had completed sewing up the canvas that was needed for our current project Mike then got to installing the snaps on the canvas so that we could then start to install it on the windows of the boat. You see Mike came up with a great idea that will hopefully help with our leaky window issue. We would be installing water resistant canvas over the windows then he would install a Z-channel over it to divert the water from coming down the windows and leaking into the boat. Replacing the windows is not an option.
Just a little sewing action.
And as usual while her humans were working she decide to take a nap, in the sunshine no less.
Once the canvas was sewn and the snaps installed then it was time to install the other part of the snap to the boat itself. Mike did an amazing job at this. I helped by making sure he had what he needed for each step of the process.
Miss Millie peaking around the boat to see how the progress was coming along. Hey how did she get up there to begin with. Sneaky little girl.
It took the majority of the day to complete this one side but it turned out exactly they way we had hoped to and makes the boat look so much nicer. Now to test them out well that will have to wait till later in the week when rain is forecasted. It was a successful work day now on to dinner.
I fixed dinner in the galley. I used some of the yummy spinach and bean salad that Lori had given us the day before (see above) and we had roasted vegetables and burritos. (no photos of those). It had been a busy, busy day upon Kismet and we were exhausted. Not as young as we used to be don't ya know. So Mike decided we had earned some ice cream. YUM!

It had been a great day and exhaustion had won so off to bed it was. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.






















I am so impressed with the coverings! You two are pros!!!!
ReplyDelete