Monday morning on Kismet I was greeted by this group. I gave them the right away and off the morning started.
I am an early riser, sometimes way too early. While the Captain was still sleeping I caught this photo of the inside of Kismet. I always love to see the inside of boats and thought you folks might like to see it also. It has been transformed many, times just since we have owned it, which is about a year now. Curtains were added, Mike resurfaced the dinette table, new upholstery on the settee, replaced the faucet and on and on. We do the work ourselves to save on costs. Living on a fixed income don't ya know. The behemoth in the lower left of the photo is our air conditioner. Since the windows no longer open (remember the boat is 44 years old) the air conditioner is a must on those hot summer days. Later I may show a more in depth look at the place, but for now this gives you an idea of our sweet and humble home while cruising.

The skies were threatening all Monday morning. Luckily it was a quick little rain and we were able to get back to work.
While Mike was working on some things topside I delved into my cookbook to come up with some ideas for our meals. Yes I cook all our meals on board. Mike has given me a great galley to use. It's small but very efficient. I have had this cookbook for years and I absolutely love it.
Here is a hire boat coming in to dock in our small little marina. They usually are docked on the other side of the property, but they were full up with all their other boats. It was a busy morning with the hire boats. Lots of folks coming in from their adventure on the canal, while others would be going out that afternoon.
After the rain had stopped I headed top side to do some needed cleaning. Bleach solution on the seats and boat soap on the deck.
While I was cleaning Mike was working on doing some more of the hand sewing on the bimini. He uses a sailmakers palm to help with the sewing along with a sail makers needle. Because of the shear thickness of the material it will not go through my sewing machine. Plus the fact that his hands are much stronger than mine. He does a great job and really enjoys it.
Later in the day the clouds really started piling up. I do love me some clouds. Luckily these beauties didn't amount to any precipitation.
Mike worked on the bimini making sure the zippers were all working correctly. Today I will be resewing this so that it fits the smaller frame that Mike has made. Although as I am writing this it is raining so that job may be put on a temporary hold until it dries up.
While Mike worked on the bimini I took Millie for another walk. Took some photos (what else) while were walking. Yesterday our dock neighbors Bill and Cynthia had their canal boat put in the water. It was great to their friendly faces.
After dinner I had my nightly call with my little men from home (grandsons) and then we headed over to visit with Steve and Jill another couple staying here at the marina. It's so nice finally getting to know some of the folks here at the marina.
Well another day of work is in the books. Still a few more to go before we can get under way.
(Remember if you leave a comment be sure to leave your name.) We love your comments.
















No rest for the wicked!
ReplyDelete