Tuesday morning started off cloudy and a bit warmer and humid. You could just tell that the rain was on its way. So after our what seems to have become our regular routine now of a 30 minute walk and then breakfast we headed up to the fly bridge to talk about what I was going to sew up for a helm cover. Also worked on putting up the old bimini cover so that I could figure out how much to cut off to adjust it now to its soon to be smaller size. We worked on this for about an hour until the rain started. I was able to get some things cut out and will hopefully get to the sewing Wednesday.
After lunch we headed out to find me a chair. You see Mike brought one of his favorite chairs from home to sit on the boat. One must have a comfortable place to sit and I was currently sitting on a folding canvas chair. So we were on a quest to find a comfortable inexpensive chair for me. After 4 stores we finally found an outdoor wicker like chair with a nice cushion. Sorry don't have a photo of it at this time as I am currently sitting in it.
Because it rained most of the day our outdoor jobs were put on hold so I concentrated on making some different meals for us to enjoy. Now I am not much one for photographing food, well at least I didn't used to be, but it just seemed like a fun thing to do. So at lunch time I made us each our own pizza on tortillas, cooked in our toaster oven. Mike had his usual pepperoni and cheese and I made one from pesto I had made at home, some roasted red peppers and mozzarella. It was surprisingly very tasty.
Oh Lordy another food photo. I told you there wasn't much going on today. For dinner I threw together some items I had in the fridge and made us some sausage pasta soupy thing (yes that is a technical term) and then we finished up the bean salad Lori had sent back with us. One of the things I have always tried to do while living on a boat is to have decent meals. A well fed crew is a happy crew, besides I enjoy doing it.
The rain stopped for a short while right before dinner so I was able to catch this moment of Mike enjoying the pause in the rain. He took Millie out while I was preparing dinner. She too had been a bit cooped up today.
After dinner I decided to make us a treat of peanut butter cookies since I had all the ingredients. The first batch was a bit crazy as I was still trying to get the nack of baking in a toaster oven, but by the second batch and some minor adjustments they turned out much better looking.
Wednesday Mike will start work on replacing the raw water impellers. He had originally wanted the staff here at the marina to change them out but after some discussion and a difference of opinion Mike has decided to take on the task himself with the help from a friend here at the marina.
I got this shot below when I took Miss Millie out early this morning (Wednesday). It's going to be a beautiful day!







No comments:
Post a Comment