I awoke this morning (Thursday) to the sound of rain falling above me. On a boat sounds seem to be amplified. I laid there for a short time just simply enjoying the pitter patter of the rain. But then like my mind works I quickly went to the thought of I needed to check where we normally have had leaks in the past to see if our window projects have done their job. Well to my great satisfaction all was dry and not a drop of water to be found, well except for what seemed to be coming from the back of the air conditioner. I quickly laid a towel down for that and would talk with Mike about that later when he is awake.
Okay now on to the events of Wednesday!
For the Captain Wednesday morning started with
puppy snuggles. Oh those are the best!
Millie and I earlier that morning had another meeting with our friendly flock of geese. They quickly were on their way as soon as they noticed that Millie was eagerly watching their every move.
I caught the shot above of the location of where larger boats are put into the water at the marina. Right this second the technical term escapes me. I was just enjoying the reflections.
Mike and I have really been enjoying our morning walks with Millie. The park next to the marina is beautiful and very quiet at the time we head out. Most mornings we are the only ones there.
We returned back to the boat and enjoyed a quick breakfast as we knew we (well mostly Mike) had a HUGE project ahead of him this day.
Okay quick side note, here is a photo of the chair Mike bought me to enjoy while on the boat. He is so good to me. If you notice Millies kennel is right in between our two chairs. Mike created this awesome top for her kennel so that we could use it for a table between us. Such a clever man he is.
Okay now on to the HUGE task that Mike was taking on. As you may remember from one of my earlier posts Mike had asked the marina to replace the raw water impellers on our boat before we came up the 1st of June. Well we soon came to find out that this was not accomplished. After talking with the mechanic and the owner of the marina Mike decided that we was going to take the task on by himself. (There is a lot more behind this story but I am not going to go into the details.)
Mike bought the parts from the marina and luckily had all the tools he needed already with him to accomplish the task. It's my understanding that these impellers are located either underneath or behind the engines. Somewhere not easily accessible. As you can see from these photos Mike had to crawl into a very small space for each engine (there are 2) to even work on them. I was there to get him whatever he needed so that he wouldn't have to crawl out of said space.
Millie she napped for both of us.
Yes! the first one came out without too much struggle. The next one though would be much tougher to remove as its location was blocked by the water heater.
Mike had picked the perfect day to work on this project.
Cool and sunny.
Now let me tell you how this gentleman above fits into the equation. This is our friend Steve. He works and lives here at the marina during the summer. This is one talented man who is a wealth of knowledge and skill when it comes to boats. I am sure he is knowledgeable about other topics too, but for now Mike was taking advantage of his boat prowess. Oh and Millie just loves him. He had given Mike some pointers on how to tackle this job and had stopped by later in the day to see how things were coming along. Thank you Steve for your help!
As Mike worked on this project and since I was "on call" helping him I decided to pull out my "art box" of goodies and play around with my water color pencils. It was a good way to spend some time and will definitely have to play around some more with these later.
Okay had to include this shot above of Mike. This literally is how he spent most of his time working on the impeller project. How he does this I will never understand, but he got the job done! He finished in much less time than what the marina was going to take and needless to say saved us a ton of money.
CAPTAIN MIKE YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR!
When Mike was off taking a well deserve HOT shower Millie and I went for a walk. It was an absolutely gorgeous afternoon.
Miss Millie found Mike as he was returning from the showers.
So since all the major work had been completed on the boat after dinner we decided to take the boat out for a short cruise up the canal just to run the engines and finally get the boat way from the dock. To our delight everything went just fine.
It was a great way to end the evening of a hard working day for the Captain. He was once again at the helm and that smile on his face tells it all.



























The hard work is going to pay off with some great fun as you cruse the canal. Gary
ReplyDeleteWe are finally going to cast off tomorrow. Woo hoo!
DeleteYou two are quite amazing! Love the last three photos.
ReplyDeleteThanks. Who is this that left a comment?
ReplyDelete