Friday, June 10, 2022

Rainy down day

Just as the weather station predicted Thursday was a bit of a soaker.  As I wrote yesterday I awoke early to a bit of a deluge pouring down on the roof above my head. It proceeded to rain off and on most of the day until about 4:00 p.m. 

The rain didn't put a damper on our day as we had already decided that we would spend the day relaxing and getting caught up on a few "little" things before we planned to cast off.  

For our friend Eric, a sailboat owner, here at the marina the rain was a welcome site.  You see he has been working on his sailboat (and it's a beauty) since we arrived.  He was supposed to launch on Wednesday so he could return to Massachusetts but because the water levels are low in the canal they were not able to launch his boat because of his keel.  So he was thrilled that it was raining and bringing up the water levels.   


So as I said earlier this day was for relaxing, and finishing some last minute items.  One was a trip to a local thrift store to see if we could pick up a couple of items that would help us out on the boat.  As most of you know we are all about re-using items.  So Mike picked up a couple of books, I picked up a couple of bowls and even Miss Millie got a new brand new harness.  Not sure she was as thrilled about it as I was but it's going to make it easier handling her here on and off the boat.  Besides doesn't she look adorable? 





It was good to see the Captain relaxing for a while.  This man loves to read.  Yes he has his hood up as it was a bit cold in the boat, since it was only about 50 degrees and raining outside and no heat on the boat.  


Later in the day we finished up the helm cover.  Mike installed the snaps and such and I finished up the remainder of the sewing.   


Oh did I mention that the marina turned off our water right before lunch time?  (with no notice, insert grouchy face). They were doing some repairs to the line on our dock.  So the lunch dishes were going to sit in the sink.  Well as I write this entry the water is still not on.  (bigger grouchy face). This is going to sound silly to some but last night was the first time in I don't know how long that my galley (kitchen) was not cleaned up before I went to bed.  I really don't like waking up to dirty dishes.  Okay I am done with that little diatribe. I know there are worse things that could have happened.  Mike did though take me out for dinner that night so that was a win!


When we arrived back from dinner I had a great FaceTime call with my grandsons and daughter.  After the call Miss Millie pokes her head in and is saying "Mom come and join us".  The rain had finally quit and the sun was actually out, so I joined her and Mike on what we call the back porch.  It was lovely.


Even this big old cloud decided to leave us as to not spoil the evening.



Yes we do know how to relax, once in a while.



Me and my girl!


Okay Mom time to go in for the night those nasty clouds are building up again and the weather is forecasting a "tiny" shower.  So we headed in for the night.  It had been a great restful day and we are now ready to cast off our lines in the morning.  Who knows where we will end up tomorrow.  







 

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes rain can be a good thing. Zach would not say so! Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy reading about your adventures. Have fun and stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete

Saying good-bye (for now)

Wednesday started out with beautiful cloudy skies.  Just enough sun coming through to make the morning sky interesting.  So I took a bunch o...