Saturday morning in Holley was simply beautiful. Our plans for the day were to return to Brockport to pick up some things we left at the Skoogs and drop off the bathroom key at the visitor center that we forgot to leave the last time we left. Then we would head back to Macedon our home port. But first Miss Millie and I would get in our morning walk.
Holley's canal side is simply gorgeous. We shared the dock that morning with another gentleman who was tied up at the other end so it was almost like being there by ourselves. The morning air was cool but you could tell that it would be warming up quickly.
After our walk Millie found her spot for the morning while I headed to the showers. Which that was a whole other situation. I came to find out that the code for the women's showers was not working. I had called the day before and supposedly they were sending someone out to remedy the issue. Well that didn't happen so since Mike and I were the only ones there (except for the other gentleman) I decide to use the mens shower facility. It's big enough for one and there was a lock on the door so I felt fairly safe. I have to admit though it was not the cleanest place I had ever been in. I won't go into specifics but it could have used some serious cleaning. I took a quick shower and headed back to the boat.
We were to meet Lori and Gary (Skoog) in Brockport by 9:30 a.m. so after breakfast we headed out from Holley around 8:30 a.m. Knowing the trip should only take about 35-40 minutes. It was a perfect morning for cruising.
We met Gary and Lori just as planned. Talked for a bit and then said our good-byes. We already made plans to meet up again next year. What an impact these two lovely people have made on our lives. Such awesome memories made and more to come.
The following photos are ones that Lori took as we were getting ready to leave. Thanks Lori for always having that camera ready.
Boarding the boat.
Handing off the lines for departure.
We were on our way back to Macedon after a fantastic week of cruising.
I didn't take too many photos on our way back mostly relaxed and helped Mike in any way I could. It would be a 5 hour cruise back to Macedon from Brockport. One thing we came to realize all to quickly is Saturday's on the canal when the weather is this perfect are CRAZY! Specially through Fairport. It was great though seeing so many folks simply out enjoying the day.
TRAIN!!!!!!!
Mike snapped this one of me
actually sitting down to read for a bit.
We arrived back to Macedon a little after 3:00 p.m. It was a fantastic cruise and we couldn't have been happier. We ended the day with a light dinner and collapsing into bed. Tomorrow our plans are to clean out the boat and get her ready for
haul out.





















No comments:
Post a Comment