Tuesday, June 29, 2021

The heat is rising.

Some days getting Mike out of best is not always that easy.  Specially if he has worked his you know what off the day before.  So I let him sleep.  Millie and I woke up early like we always do and went for a walk.  I could tell during our walk that it was going to be a warm one today, but little did I know how hot it was going to be.



After breakfast was finished I continued on making the curtains for the salon.  We desperately needed to be able to block the sun which was only adding fuel to the fire.  Once these were completed they were put up and it did help block the sun out and some of the heat, but as anyone who owns a boat and an old one at that, they are NOT insulated.  So it's basically like trying to cool a tent.  




Miss Millie was doing her part, by supporting my efforts of sewing by keeping me company.  Hiding from the sun under the back rest of the settee.  



While Millie and I were working on the curtains Mike was doing some odd jobs that needed to be done outside (and in).  We planned to get most of our work done earlier in the day.


Our schedule for each day pretty much was to complete the hard jobs in the morning while it was still cool, then take a couple of hours off for a bit larger lunch and picking up supplies.  Yes there have been several trips to Lowes, Goodwill and Walmart.  Today though after lunch we treated ourselves and stopped by a small farmers market for some ice cream.  




We each ordered a small and boy were they BIG portions.  We then headed outside to sit on the swing for a while, well at least until the sun became a little too warm.






The flowers and produce were beautiful.





That evening it was so warm on the boat temperature inside the boat was registering 95 degrees.  So we took Millie and hopped in the car and went for a drive.  We stopped by the Macedon Lock where a boat was coming through.  I believe the British would have called us Gongoozalers.  







We then drove through a couple of the towns along the canal, Palmyra, Lyons, Newark.  Just to see what was going on.  In one of the towns we came upon and my apologies I can't remember now which one it was, but there was an intersection where each corner had an old church.  They were beautiful. I was able to photograph 3 of the 4.








The architecture in these small towns was phenomenal.






Miss Millie was just happy to ride along in a nice cool car.  Luckily by the time we had returned back to the boat it had cooled down a tiny bit and we finished out the evening with a very light dinner of fruit and cheese and such.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying good-bye (for now)

Wednesday started out with beautiful cloudy skies.  Just enough sun coming through to make the morning sky interesting.  So I took a bunch o...