We arrived in Macedon, NY on Wednesday afternoon after a long 8+ hour drive. We decided instead of trying to sleep on board Kismet that evening we would rent a room at a local hotel that we had stayed at before just so we could get a good nights sleep. Which I did but Mike not so much. You see after an evening of fishing with our oldest grandson (the night before) Mike has acquired chigger bites (a lot of them). After an oatmeal bath and calamine lotion he was feeling a bit more comfortable. Enough about that (other than he is feeling better today).
So Thursday morning we headed over to the boat to start the process of rehabbing her. Our SUV was loaded with so much stuff you literally couldn't open the doors for fear of something falling out and don't even try to look out the back window. We had brought what supplies we knew we needed for sure leaving at home the "fluff" so to speak.
It's got to look worse before it becomes better.
![]() |
| Miss Millie doing her part by taking a nap. |
While Mike worked on tearing out the rotted wood paneling and shall we say disgusting carpet I sorted and threw out all the "stuff" the previous owner had left behind. 9 trips to the dumpster with said "stuff". Around 2:00 p.m. we decided to stop for a while and find a place to have some lunch and pick up a few groceries for breakfasts and light snacks (which actually turn out to be our dinners). While looking for a restaurant we came across this new park.
![]() |
| Downtown Macedon |
After lunch and a trip to Walmart and Lowes we headed back to the boat to continue working on projects. We finally wrapped it up around 6:30 and headed for the showers. After such well deserved showers we opted for a small snack for supper.
Mike and Millie enjoying a light dinner.
Evening on the water was gorgeous. Also gorgeous and sweet was this photo our Daughter Amanda sent us of our youngest Grandson Dean. (made my day)
The next morning I arose to beautiful skies and warm weather. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed being on the water specially first thing in the morning when all you can hear are the birds singing.
A little morning photo editing.
Miss Millie arose early with me and by 5:45 a.m. she was ready for her morning nap.
It was going to be a warm do so we started early on our days tasks. I started work on the curtains. You see there were NONE on the boat when we bought her. Luckily there are not many folks here at the marina. I had bought some fabric and then also brought along the old white curtains from the Cris Craft. I was going to take those apart and use those for the lining of the new ones. A tedious but not hard job. It sure did make a mess of white thread EVERYWHERE! I sewed at one end of the table and used the other as an ironing board with a towel down. I wasn't to worried about possibly ruining the table top as Mike had already said he was going to replace it.
Meanwhile Mike was working on installing the 2 burner stove top. We also headed up to the marina office where we paid our summer dockage and Mike asked about whether they could order a part for our water system. They ordered the part and even went to pick it up (they were purchasing it from their wholesaler) then came to the boat to let us know it had arrived. Kudos to the staff/owners of Mid Lakes Marina.
Cutting out a hole for the stove top.
Mike installing the new part of the water system. Unfortunately he didn't have the right tool to do the job so he had to "adapt, improvise and overcome". Our motto always!
All that hard work paid off as of last night we now have running water. I can now do dishes and it makes clean up so much easier.
Around 7:00 we headed for the showers and by 9:00 p.m. we were both in bed asleep.

























No comments:
Post a Comment