Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Meeting the Kids at Skoogs Farm


Tuesday morning started out just beautifully.  We had a leisurely morning.


This is the cute little tug docked next to us. 




This morning we were off to Skoog Farm to visit with Lori and Gary and to meet up with our daughter Amanda and Kent our son in law.


We arrived around 10:30 and the kids around 11:00.  The sun was out and it was going to be a warm day.  Quickly upon the kids arrival Lori took them and myself for a nice tour of the farm.


We stopped in Lori's old art studio now turned into a music studio.  She would later have practice there with the group "She Sings" as they were preparing for a concert on Wednesday.


We headed out to the barn where the horses were.  One of Amanda's wishes was to have some time around horses.  She definitely had a great opportunity  to visit with Rebel and Buddy.




We stuck our heads in the indoor arena.  Wow what an expansive place that was. 



Biscuits for a friend.


Gary had a bumper crop of garlic this year.



As always the flowers were simply spectacular.  I can only hope that next year my own garden will look half as wonderful as his is.



Speaking of gardens and gardening, our son in law Kent has taken to gardening.  He and Gary had lots to talk about.  I was so glad that we could give Kent the opportunity to meet with Gary and to soak up some of his knowledge.  




Lori fixed us a yummy lunch of chicken salad over greens with a delicious homemade poppy seed dressing, fresh bread and then rhubarb cake for dessert.  


Little Wonder enjoying a little snuggle with his Mom.  



Oh yes more of those beautiful flowers!




After lunch we were invited to sit in on the She Sings rehearsal.  Wow what a lovely, talented group.  





While Lori had practice we drove the kids down to the canal so they could see where we have created such wonderful memories.  




We then headed over to Hamlin Beach on Lake Ontario.  It was a beautiful state park and boy was it hoping with lots of folks enjoying this sunny day.





After returning home from our little excursion Amanda and I headed over to see the horses once again.  



Then there is Little Wonder.  What a cute little guy he is.  He is often times leery of strangers so I have kept my distance in the past but this visit was different.  I think that now after having seen us several times I think he figured I was okay.  He nuzzled me a couple of times and even let me pet him.  I WAS THRILLED!





We had originally planned to take Lori and Gary out for dinner, but later in the afternoon Lori was not feeling well, possibly a reaction to some new medication she was on.  So we decided to order some pizzas and eat there at the house.  It was an enjoyable evening spent with family and amazing friends.  



Hmm Little Wonder thought Amanda was pretty good too, specially when she fed him some pizza crusts.  Mike and I headed back to the boat around 7:30 p.m leaving Amanda and Kent to spend the night with the Skoogs.  

It was a memorable day!









 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you all had a great time! Have fun getting all your "STUFF" back home in your not so big car. Gary

    ReplyDelete

Saying good-bye (for now)

Wednesday started out with beautiful cloudy skies.  Just enough sun coming through to make the morning sky interesting.  So I took a bunch o...