Tuesday, July 11, 2023

And then it purred...


If you see this guy know he's a genius!  Steve a friend of ours here at the marina saved the day for us.  I have spoken about him before when it comes to Kismet.  He lives here in Macedon at the marina during the summer and works on the marina's hire boats and does odd jobs.  He is a master electrician, mechanic all around extremely talented man and oh so humble.  He has helped Mike more than once when it came to Kismet and he has done it once again. We seriously can not thank him enough.  He helped Mike pinpoint the exact issue with why the engine wouldn't start.  Then Mike was able to get things fixed and yes the sweet sound of the second engine was purring like a kitten, well maybe a lion as it is a pretty big engine.



Okay now a little more bragging about this awesome husband of mine.  He has spent the last 4 days working on this old boat engine, contorting himself into places that no average person would even dare just to get this thing running.  His talent, perseverance, and tenacity never cease to amaze me.  Thank you Michael for being the strong, talented, patient man that you are!  



So early in the afternoon on Monday the engine started and I could feel the stress level in my husband drop substantially.  Once the engine was running we headed over to the pump out station as that was our main priority at this point.  Afterwards we took Kismet out for one last little cruise up the canal.  It was a bittersweet ride.  I pretty much knew in my mind it was going to be our last ride on the canal.  It was glorious and a bit sad all at the same time.  So I took as many photos as I could to remember this moment.  




My Captain!!!


One last boat selfie.





Oh Admiral Bilgewater you are the love of my life!




Back to our marina here in Macedon.



After our ride up the canal we headed back as we needed to make one more trip to the auto parts store.  Mike wanted to change the oil.  While he completed this task I worked on ordering from Amazon one more part he needed to finish up the repair.  It should be here today (Tuesday) so he can install it tomorrow.  About 5:00 p.m. after a very LONG DAY! Mike headed to the showers for what he likes to call a Hollywood Shower.  Well deserved indeed.  I made some pizzas for dinner and then took him for some ice cream to celebrate all his hard work.  After arriving back the marina we walked over to the Bob & Laurel's boat (see the beautiful white and aqua colored boat above) for a visit.  


Kismet looks pretty good from the other side of the marina.  She has been an true experience for the past two years but it is time to move on to something else a little closer to home.



Today (Tuesday) we meet up with the kids and head over to Skoog Farm.  
I CAN HARDLY WAIT!  









 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!!! Things are fixed and the kids are arriving tonight. Have a great time and we will see you soon. Gary

    ReplyDelete

Saying good-bye (for now)

Wednesday started out with beautiful cloudy skies.  Just enough sun coming through to make the morning sky interesting.  So I took a bunch o...