Friday, August 12, 2022

Spencerport to Brockport


Our plan for the day was to head off to Brockport.  Before that we had a few things to do. First for me was to enjoy this beautiful morning sky.


Miss Millie and I headed off for our first morning walk, while Mike was still sleeping.  We are the early morning ladies, although Mike is quickly converting to being a "bit" of a morning person too...kinda.


Our view just outside the boat.


By the time Millie and I arrived back at the boat, Mike was up and ready to go on our (longer) morning walk.  So we headed through town and across the bridge to the tow path on the other side of the canal.  (Much less goose poop on that side).


I am always so impressed by the lovely parks each of the towns along the canal have created.


The view from the other side of the canal is always fun as you can actually see Kismet and the other boats from a totally different perspective.  The view above just makes my heart happy.



We continued our walk and the views were just so relaxing.




After our breakfast (sorry no food pics today).  We walked to the grocery store to pick up a couple of things and then headed off to Brockport.  Can I say once again how gorgeous the weather is.



It was a great morning for cruising.  The wind had picked up slightly but it still made for a most enjoyable 2 hour cruise.



These two cormorants guided us for a good portion of our journey.  They would be swimming in front of the boat and then take off as we got closer, then land, then swim again until we caught up and then repeated the process.   


Not many pictures of our cruise this morning.  I spent the morning relaxing, which pleased the captain.  The area is beautiful though.


We arrived in Brockport and had the pick of where we wanted to dock.  After getting the boat settled in Mike worked on updating the cruising log book and I fixed us some salads for lunch. Afterwards I headed up to the visitor center once they opened to get us signed in and pay for our 2 nights stay.  I then headed off for a walk around town while Mike stayed back to relax.  


I love the small town of Brockport and the gorgeous old architecture.



I stopped by my favorite shop "Bittersweet".  This shop is so much fun just to peruse through all the fun things they have on hand.  I was quickly greeted at the front door by this sweet fur baby.  This guy was the owners "puppy" yes he wasn't even a year old.  





Had to snap a picture of these petunias.  I haven't seen this color before.


Of course I stopped in the Lift Bridge Bookstore.  Didn't purchase anything, but enjoyed looking at what they had to offer.



I then returned back to the boat and sat at the settee and painted for a while.  It was so lovely to be able to keep the doors open and enjoy the view.


Okay as we all know boating is not always cocktails at sunset.  So I thought I would share a for real life picture of the boat at least while I was working on making the beds after doing some laundry.  I literally have to take everything out of the forepeak (bedroom) to make the beds and yes I had to get Mike's help in tackling the mattresses.  We just call it our "olympic event" for the day.  


We did though spend the remainder of the afternoon relaxing.  Mike was reading and I headed up to the bridge to enjoy the sunshine and soak in that vitamin D.  

For dinner I fixed us some "taco bowls" and afterwards we headed over to the local ice cream shop for a sweet treat.  


Afterwards there we enjoyed the Summer Serenades at the visitor center.  Every Thursday evening they have a live band come into play.  Our friend Gary Skoog is integral in planning these events.  Here Mike is chatting with Gary.  Lori was there later in the evening as she had horses to attend to back on the farm.  We are looking forward to spending some time with them on Friday.


One of the nice thing about the concert is it was literally right outside our boat.  Location is everything!



Even Miss Millie enjoyed listening to the band.




After the concert we visited shortly with the Skoogs and firmed up our plans for the following day.  It had been a wonderful day but we (well I was) tired and it was time to head off to bed.  

Oh and on a side note, we had the opportunity to meet the guy on the small converted sail boat (the one in the hammock) that we had seen a couple of days before.  He pulled into Brockport shortly after the concert so Mike helped him tie up.  What an interesting young man.  (Possibly more on that later)


For now it was off to bed.
 

2 comments:

  1. The pictures are wonderful. I hope the weather continues to be fair and cool. Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cooler, crystal clear days are making for some gorgeous photos. Keep them coming! Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Saying good-bye (for now)

Wednesday started out with beautiful cloudy skies.  Just enough sun coming through to make the morning sky interesting.  So I took a bunch o...