Saturday, August 13, 2022

Reflections and Friends

WOW What a day!  Friday morning started off once again cool and clear.  Millie and I took our first morning walk along the canal.  The sun was just beginning to appear behind the trees.




We were one of two boats docked on the canal wall this morning.  There was an older couple on the boat in front of us.  Unfortunately they kept to themselves and didn't interact with others around them.


By 6:30 a.m. I could tell it was going to be an awesome day to take reflection photos.  


Mike was awake by the time Millie and I returned so we started on our second walk of the morning.  This time we would cross the canal and walk on the other side.  Always good to see things from another perspective.



The towpath is the perfect place for our morning walk.


Okay now time to enjoy these wonderful reflection photos.  The water was simply like a mirror.






Of course I had to catch a photo of Kismet and I can say, so far this is my most favorite of all the photos I have taken on this trip.  Although the one below of the Captain is not far behind.  I love how the reflection of the boat shows in his sunglasses.  This man does love his boats. 



While on our walk back to the boat we talked to another couple that were boaters from Cleveland, they were in the process of pumping out.  They were on their way back from a cruise up to I think she said Vermont.  Wow that would have been a trip.  We wished them safe travels and headed back to Kismet.  After breakfast we headed out to the stern, or the "back porch" as we call it to just sit and watch the world go by.  While there this HUGE boat came by.  They too were heading west on the canal.  




The Captain and Miss Millie just chilling out.  We spent a very relaxing morning while we waited for Lori to come by and pick us up.  You see she and Gary had invited us to come to the farm for lunch that day.  We were so looking forward to spending some time with these dear friends.


I have said many times before about this wonderland they call home it is so very good for my soul.  EVERYTHING about it is comforting and lovely. 


We enjoyed a leisurely 3 hour lunch on their back porch that overlooks this spectacular garden.  We enjoyed subs from their favorite sub shop along with garden fresh salads of all kinds, home made pickles, and an onion and vegetable pie.  



Miss Millie and their dog Little Wonder played in the garden and kept us company while we ate.  Even Little Wonder let Mike pet him for a while.  (Don't be jealous Sandy B)


There were fresh vegetables everywhere.  These onions were hanging up to be dried.


Then can we talk about the flowers.  There were so many beautiful species along with hummingbirds, butterflies, and bees.  Yes I took way too many photos of flowers but they are my favorite.


















After lunch Lori and I along with Millie and Little Wonder headed out to the pasture to take a peak at their newest boarder, Ronin. 



We found this beautiful (BIG) guy out eating apples 
right off the tree.  


Then look closely at the photo above.  There on the left is Miss Millie rolling around joyfully in the grass in the pasture with the other two horses off in the distance.  She loved having all this huge area to explore.



She wasn't afraid of this magnificent beast.  Although she did move pretty quickly when he started to gallop toward her.


We returned back to the house where Gary was picking tomatoes for us to take back to the boat.  



It was getting time for our trip back to Kismet.  Besides Millie was exhausted and ready for a nap.


There are few people that come into ones life and make such a profound impact as these two beautiful people have.  Thank you Skoogs for your love and friendship.



We returned back to the boat with all these beautiful vegetables and flowers.  What a treat the day has been!  







 

3 comments:

  1. Each time we meet with friends it does bring joy to our hearts. Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not kidding, those reflection photos were amazing. Of course we totally enjoyed the time we were able to spend with you and look forward to your return next week. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, I hope you put in a good word for me with the Wonder dog! Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Saying good-bye (for now)

Wednesday started out with beautiful cloudy skies.  Just enough sun coming through to make the morning sky interesting.  So I took a bunch o...