Sunday, August 15, 2021

Head and Seat






This past week Mike was up at the boat working on a few projects that needed to be completed.  I had to stay home because school started this week for the Grandsons and well I am their transportation and Brice our preschooler stays with me in the afternoon.  Plus the fact it was best I wasn't along as Mike was going to replace the head (toilet) and he didn't know if he could finish the task in one day.  He knew that climbing up the hill in the middle of the night to use the head at the marina was not something I'd like to do nor did he want me to.  

So I stayed home and he well worked like a dog getting this project completed. I will have to have him tell you the specifics as to what he did. In a nutshell he replaced the head and moved the holding tank lower into the bilge so that "stuff" would flow down hill and not up.  Don't ask why the previous installers of the head had the holding tank higher than the head itself.  


Okay now on to the settee.  Below is the settee when we purchased the boat (minus Miss Millie).  It was the brown floral fabric that was stained, old and just nasty.  It had to be changed out.  Luckily the back rest and cushions are all removable. 



On the Cris Craft (our last boat that was destroyed in a storm) I had fixed up an old couch with some fabric.  Well since the fabric had only been on the couch for less than a month I decided to remove all the fabric and save it for another project.  This was the project that I would be using it for.  


So we took all the pieces of the settee home with us and decided we would have more room in my studio to work on recovering these instead of trying to accomplish this on the boat.  


There were 3 different layers of fabric from the original blue fabric to the two others from previous renovations.  We removed the brown floral fabric and decided to keep the other two layers as they were not in bad shape and besides it would give us extra padding.


It was absolutely a two person job, but between the two of us we were able to get this finished in an afternoon.  


Mike snapped these photos below of the finished product and we love it.  It ties everything together and makes the boat brighter, fresher and colorful.  Just the way we like it.  







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying good-bye (for now)

Wednesday started out with beautiful cloudy skies.  Just enough sun coming through to make the morning sky interesting.  So I took a bunch o...