No this beauty above isn't ours, just one that was pulled in right next to where we are working. She's a gorgeous tug. This morning we concentrated our efforts on finishing the forepeak work along with catching up on the laundry.
Mike continued with cutting the pieces of panelling out for the forepeak so that I could paint them.
The boards once dried will be installed onto these pieces of wood shown below. Oh Lord help me I can't remember the proper term for these and Mike is still asleep so you will have to go with "these pieces of wood". The white behind those wood slats is foam insulation. I have said this many times before and I am going to say it again, my husbands knowledge of designing and building things never ceases to AMAZE me!
Below Mike is installing some of the completed boards to the ceiling. Needless to say this will give the forepeak a finished look and brighten the place up. Gone is the dark and moldy panelling from the 70's.
At lunchtime we gladly stopped working, cleaned up and met our dear friends Lori and Gary Skoog in Victor at PF Changs for lunch. After working all morning and running (well walking) back and forth from the boat to the workshop this was a welcomed reprieve.
The food was delicious and the company even better. Thank you Sandy Bacon for guiding us to this beautiful couple. Be sure to check out Lori's blog which is world renowned at https://skoogfarm.blogspot.com
After lunch we returned back to the boat, by this time the rain had picked up a bit. A large storm had been predicted for the day but luckily by the time it had reached us here at the marina it had diminished to just rain and drizzle. We were good to go inside the boat as I had prepared our leaky parts of the boat with towels and such before we left for lunch. The leaks are getting fewer with the diligence of my hubby and some epoxy.
We returned back to work. I completed the painting of the panelling for the forepeak and Mike built a shelf for inside the closet of the forepeak. Mike then ran across some issues with the lights not working properly. We are still not sure what happened, but they mysteriously started working again (more investigation on that later). We finished out the evening with a light dinner and some relaxing time on the back porch (stern of the boat) the rain was kind enough to stop shortly before 6 pm. Friday would be yet another work day so it was off to bed by 9:00.











We have Hatch to thank for meeting Lori, Jana. She was walking from the Visitor's Center and spotted Hatch hanging out on the dock in the shade. I watched their greeting of each other from Manatee's cockpit. It was love at first sight for Hatch. Lori and I started talking, she mentioned she, too, was a retired art teacher. It was like opening the floodgates after that! Meeting Lori and Gary is one of our cherished moments in the canal. I just knew the two of you (and our friends Vickie and Ron Fantozzi) would enjoy would love them, too. It was Kismet!!!
ReplyDelete