Wednesday, August 10, 2022

20 Degree DROP!


Ahhh! Look at this beautiful rain.  This wonderful precipitation was brought to us by a lovely cold front that came through over night.  With that cold front came yes you guessed it, 
COOLER TEMPERATURES!  
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!
Can you tell this lady is not a fan of 90+ degree weather.  


I left Mike to sleep in as the last couple of days has been hectic and the heat just zapped it out of both of us.  I fixed myself some breakfast.  Oh dear am I beginning to be one of these bloggers that photographs their food.  Oh well, it looked pretty good and tasted even better.  


After Mike's breakfast he gave Miss Millie a good brushing and cleaned up that beard of hers that tends to get well as we call it schmutzy.  She seems to tolerate it fairly well. 


Since the rain had stopped Mike headed out to give the boat a good cleaning.  We had some work to the boat we were going to do later in the day and well the man loves a clean boat.  


So this is the view between our boat and the little tug next to us.  Not sure exactly what this vegetation is but it seems to be taking over this end of the marina.  It's kind pretty in it's own way but I am thinking it could cause some serious issues if it gets tied up in the prop.  On another note looks at this shall we say "adorable" little boat docked two slips down.  I think we have actually seen this boat about 7 years ago on the canal.  Either that or one very similar.  The name on it is "Canal Gal".  



Speaking of Canal Gals.  My canal pal, Laurel and I headed out this morning for a little adventure of our own.  She invited me to go with her to a shop in Fairport that sells all kinds of goodies including craft/art supplies at a hugely discounted price.  Seriously who could say no to that.


Basically the shop is a thrift shop for any kind of craft/art supplies and some other goodies added in.  It was a great time spent with a wonderful lady.  I only spent $5 and brought back and handful of supplies to create with.  I will though definitely be back.  




When I arrived back at the boat Mike had already started figuring out where our new vinyl graphics were going to be placed.  You see we decided the last time we were here that Kismet needed a little "fun" on the outside of her mostly cream colored exterior.  So while home I created on my Cricut some vinyl graphics. I worked inside positioning the vinyl on the clear plastic while Mike would then take them outside and apply them to the sides of the boat.  We had an assembly line going and it all went up pretty quickly.




The Captain was very happy with how everything turned out and I too was happy to see some color on the outside of Kismet.


Miss Millie well she was doing what she does best and that was napping.  


Although she did decide to pose for me.  Such a good girl!


The rest of our day consisted of a trip to the store for our final provisions, completing all the laundry, and shocking the water system and hose.  We had some issues with our water hose and the smell, but I think now that has been fixed.  After this I started dinner.  The picture above is my way of adapting some type of ventilation in the galley as the boat has none and well the windows are shall we say covered up.  It gets warm in there even on cooler days when I am cooking.  "Improvise, Adapt and Overcome".  


While I was fixing dinner Mike enjoyed some reading time and well, Miss Millie she once again was achieving her goal or more napping.


After dinner, galley clean up and the final folding of the clothes we headed off to the forepeak for some Netflix and settling down to bed.  Miss Millie decided she was going to hang out with us making sure we saw her cute face as well as the screen on my laptop.  Love this little fur ball!


Wednesday we have plans to head out west on the canal.  Here's hoping it all goes smoothly.

 

1 comment:

  1. Have a great time cruising the canal. Gary

    ReplyDelete

Saying good-bye (for now)

Wednesday started out with beautiful cloudy skies.  Just enough sun coming through to make the morning sky interesting.  So I took a bunch o...