The Galley (Kitchen)
The photo below I took the very first day we set foot on the boat. It was a bit of a mess. The faucet would splatter water all over, there was no oven or stove and the refridgerator well it was the original from the 70's.
The dinette was not in much better shape, the fabric was stained and ripped. The table was too big for the space and it had some type of character painted on the top. There were no window coverings at all.
Fast forward to June 2022, one year later. We cleaned up the counter tops, installed a 2 burner stove, brought a small toaster oven, coffee pot and a small crock pot. Oh and of course the best thing was the purchase of a new apartment size refrigerator.
The galley is fully stocked and I cook most of our meals on board. To quote Mike "your meals here are just as good as what you make at home and those are always awesome". It helps that I enjoy cooking and being creative with what I prepare.
The Galley is organized so that everything has a "home". I even have some empty cupboard space. It can quickly become really crowded if I don't put things away immediately when I am finished with them. I also will do dishes as I go. Now occasionally we will eat out maybe 2 or 3 times a month, but by not going out so often we are able to save money.
I went vertical with as many things as possible.
The toaster oven, coffee pot and crock pot are stored under the stove.
The Dinette.
Now I can not say it is always this uncluttered but now that most of our projects are completed it does stay nicer longer. It is used for not only meals, but building projects, art work, folding clothes, card games, etc. We reupholstered the seats, and Mike took the old table top and made it smaller and installed new laminate on the top. Miss Millies eating area is below. Underneath the benches on the left and in back hold all of Mikes tools and supplies that he needs here on the boat. The area under the right side holds a "snack drawer". Everyone needs one of those right?
So that's it.
It's small and efficient and we love it.








No comments:
Post a Comment